So you are thinking about getting a new computer? Should I go PC or should I get a Mac.
It really depends on your computer needs. Here are a few Tips to think about…
- Although it is harder, Macs can and do get viruses.
- Know what programs you are going to run and if they are available to your platform
- Although Macs have great browsers, you will not have Internet Explorer
- You could use Virtualizing with products like Parallels and VMWare, but they can slow down your system and if you are always using them, going with a PC might be better.
- Macs are more expensive but are usually a higher end product with US based call center support
- Just because they have the program, they are not always the same. For example, Adobe products are almost identical in both platforms, but Quickbooks is greatly different.
#1 thing to remember – Get what works for you, because what works for one person may not work at all for you.